Shortly after you receive your Student Aid Report (SAR), we will receive the same information from the U.S. Department of Education. At that point, we may select you for verification and ask you to submit additional documentation to our office, or we may simply offer you some awards. Watch for an email from SFServ@colostate.edu.
- Your SAR may indicate that you were selected for verification, however we will notify you via email if additional documentation is needed because Colorado State University participates in the Quality Assurance Program.
- To view your additional documentation requirements, go RAMweb, select Financial Aid, and then Financial Aid Requirements.
- Required forms can be completed online or downloaded from RAMweb or from this website.
After You Have Been Awarded Financial Aid
- We recommend reading Your Financial Aid Guide, which contains valuable information regarding your financial aid at Colorado State University.
- A budget worksheet to help you calculate the amount of financial aid to accept is available in Your Financial Aid Guide on page 9.
- To view your financial aid awards, log into RAMweb and select Financial Aid, and then the appropriate aid year.
- Follow the "Awards" link to complete your financial aid requirements. Additional requirements may need to be completed based on the financial aid you have been offered:
- Direct Loans
To accept, reduce, or decline your Direct Loans, follow the "awarded" link and click "Accept or Decline an Award." After you've accepted your loan, you may electronically complete your Master Promissory Note (eMPN), if required, at StudentLoans.gov. If this is your first Direct Loan, also complete entrance counseling.
- Perkins/Health Professions Student Loans
Accept a Perkins online through Ramweb. After accepting the loan, your Entrance Questionnaire can be completed and submitted on RAMweb. You may print your Master Promissory note and mail it back to SFS.
Paperwork to accept your Health Professions Student Loan will be mailed to you.
- Parent Loans
Visit Parent PLUS Loan Information for more information.
To apply for the Parent PLUS Loan, one parent must go to sfs.colostate.edu/ePLUS to submit an application. They will need their parental Federal Student Aid PIN Number to complete their application online. Your parent's PIN number is different than your PIN number. A credit check is required. Your parent may electronically sign their electronic master promissory note at StudentLoans.gov StudentLoans.gov, if required.
- Graduate PLUS Loans
If your award includes a Graduate PLUS Loan, you may accept it through your RAMweb account. A credit check is required. You will need to complete an Application for Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan, also available through your RAMweb account. You may electronically sign your eMPN on the Web at StudentLoans.gov, if required. If this is your first Graduate PLUS Loan, complete entrance counseling on RAMweb.
- Work Study
If you have been awarded work-study, go to RAMweb and select Student Job Listing (under Financial) to view information regarding jobs that are available.
- Graduate Assistantships
Notify Student Financial Services if you have a Graduate Assistantship The amount your department will pay toward your tuition is included as a resource in the financial aid eligibility calculation.
- Veteran's Benefits
Beginning FALL 2009, Veteran's education benefits will no longer be counted as a resource and will not be included in the financial aid eligibility calculation. Please visit Veterans Benefit Office for more information on applying for and receiving your VA education benefits.
- Other Resources
Notify Student Financial Services of any additional resources (scholarships, resident assistant positions, etc.) you will receive. Your other resources will be included in the financial aid eligibility calculation.
- Living with Parent
Indicate if you will be living with your parents while you are enrolled at Colorado State University.
It is important to meet all requirements for your financial aid as soon as possible. All requirements must be met no later than two weeks prior to the last day of the semester.
Financial aid awards are developed to help meet estimated educational expenses according to federal, state, and institutional regulations. All awards are based on available funds and full-time enrollment. Colorado State University has the right to revise or cancel awards if funds are unavailable, your application contains incorrect data, or your financial situation or enrollment status changes. Financial aid is applied to all charges on your University student account. If you have questions, contact Student Financial Services.