Complete the 2016-2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
If you have already completed the FAFSA for this academic year you do not need to submit another one.
If you did not apply for financial aid for this academic year, you must submit a 2016-2017 FAFSA for the Summer 2017 term by June 30, 2017.
How and When will Summer 2016 Financial Aid be Awarded?
- Colorado State University will automatically award financial aid to eligible students who are enrolled for summer classes beginning in mid-April. No additional financial aid application will be required. You can check on the status of your summer financial aid by logging into RAMweb and selecting "Summer Financial Aid Information".
- Summer financial aid will be processed through July 31, 2017.
Summer Aid Eligibility
- You must meet the general financial aid eligibility criteria to receive summer financial aid.
- Summer aid eligibility is determined by the length of the particular session(s) you attend and the number of credits in which you are enrolled.
- Summer aid consists of Federal Direct Loans for undergraduates and graduates and Federal Pell Grant for undergraduates.
- If you exhausted your Federal Direct Loan eligibility during the academic school year, you will not be able to receive any federal loans during the summer.
- If you exhausted your Federal Pell eligibility during the academic school year, you will not be able to receive any Pell during the summer.
- If you are eligible to receive financial aid for Summer 2017, you will receive an e-mail directing you to RAMweb to review your summer award and accept your Federal Direct Loan if you have been offered one.
- In some cases you may be eligible to apply for an Alternative Educational Loan.
Summer Aid Disbursement
- The earliest we can disburse your summer financial aid is 10 days prior to the first day of the first summer session you attend, provided you meet all the disbursement and eligibility criteria.
- Tuition assessment deadlines can be found on our website.
Summer Enrollment Changes
Changing the session and/or number of credits in which you are enrolled can impact the amount of your financial aid award. Notify the Office of Financial Aid if:
- You change the session(s) in which you are enrolling, or
- You have course withdrawals to below 6 credits before June 26, 2017, or
- You are below 6 credits and add credits after May 25, 2017, or
- You are awarded a Federal Pell Grant and you change the number of credits in which you are enrolled