Admissions Home

Other Resources


Official Withdrawals

We hope you do not have to leave, so please contact someone first. Maybe we can help. If you must leave, there are procedures to follow:  

  1. To officially withdraw, undergraduate and graduate regularly admitted students should contact the Center for Advising and Student Achievement (CASA), located at 121 TILT (phone 491-7095).
  2. Consult CASA for policies regarding grades when withdrawing. If you leave the University and do not formally withdraw, you will be assigned grades of "F" (failure). Additionally, if you do not officially withdraw from the University and receives all “F”, “U”, and/or “W” grades, you will be required to verify the last date of academic participation in each course and you may be required to return up to 100% of the financial aid received.
  3. Withdrawal does not eliminate your financial obligation to the University. You are responsible for any charges owed to the University at the time you withdraw, based on the University's tuition and housing refund policies. Consult CASA and the Housing Office for the most current policy.
  4. There are specific federal, state, and University policies regarding tuition and fees, housing charges, refunds to financial aid programs, and repayments resulting from withdrawal. Information regarding the calculation of refunds and repayments, and the order of programs to which we restore aid, is available upon request.
  5. If your University charges are reduced as a result of withdrawal, and it creates a credit balance on your student account, these funds may be used to repay the financial aid programs. This will depend on the amount of your financial aid and the date of your withdrawal.  The schedule for tuition and fee adjustments for students withdrawing from the University can be located on the Registrar's Office website
  6. If you withdrew a credit balance from your student account to pay for living expenses, you may have received financial aid funds in excess of an amount reasonable for the length of your enrollment.
  7. Your enrollment for financial aid purposes will be adjusted to the courses for which you began attendance and your eligibility will be recalculated.
  8. If you received financial aid in excess of earned financial aid, based on the length of your enrollment.
  9. If you were eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant while enrolled in school, your grant may cover educational costs incurred prior to withdrawal, including tuition and fees, housing, and living expenses.
  10. Financial aid cannot be disbursed after your withdrawal, except when the federal calculation allows.  Work-study money earned prior to withdrawal will be paid, however students may not work on work-study after withdrawing from the University.
  11. Your withdrawn credits will be counted as attempted credits according to the Satisfactory Academic Progress policy.


Unofficial Withdrawals

Students who leave the University and do not formally withdraw will be assigned grades of "F" (failure) or "U" (unsatisfactory).  Additionally, recipients of federal aid who never begin attendance or who unofficially withdraw from the University will have federal aid adjusted based on the date of the latest academic event in which the student participated.  If no academic event can be documented, 100% of federal, state, and institutional aid will be canceled because the student never began attendance.